Students are responsible for arranging their own travel to and from their internship/externship site. Depending on the location of the site, you may have to travel up to 20 miles to reach the school.
Student Immunizations (Titer) Requirements (per Facility requirements) Students must demonstrate immunity for the following as a requirement for attending clinicals, Immersive Internship, and externship:
- TDAP (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis): Adult dose within the last 10 years.
- Documentation of two doses of the MMR vaccine or proof of laboratory immunity titer. Depending on the clinical site, a titer may be required.
- Hepatitis B: Laboratory documentation of immunity or vaccine documentation, or a signed declination (some clinical sites may require a titer)
- TB/PPD: Within the last year, you must have one negative skin test. An x-ray report is required if your test is positive. A 2-step skin test may also be required. A negative QuantiFERON-TB Gold test can also be provided.
- Documentation of immunity to varicella or documentation of two doses of varicella vaccine. (Some externship sites may require a titer test.)
- During the externship period, certain facilities require the flu vaccine from September through March.
- COVID 19: Documentation of two vaccine doses and a booster or a signed waiver. (Some facilities may NOT accept waivers)